| BWCA |
We just got back from our time in Ely. How I love Camp du Nord. Singing, art, family, and endless amounts of fun. Every year there, the adults [not all of them--my mom and aunt] make camp awards for us. For instance, I got the Raspberry picker puker a few years ago. [I picked to much raspberries so I.... you know, puked.:( ] Theres always the happy camper award each year. The award expresses the happiness and excitement of the camper. I have never gotten it in our 9 years there. I wasn't a crabby camper, I just think I wasn't happy enough. So, one night at the campfire, I told the circle that I was shooting for the happy camper. It didn't take long before it turned into a campaign. "I promise that I will keep the spirits happy here for everybody!" "I'll always do camp chores for anyone who needs them!" [that one worked out GREAT.....] Some of my cousins have gotten the happy camper for 3 years in a row. 3 years! How is it that I can't be has happy as them?! Boy oh boy. Then came Friday night- the award ceremony. They [they is my mother and aunt, of corse] announced the first three cousins. They opened their awards up. All three were happy camper. The next three, happy camper. Everybody was getting happy camper. My award was the happiest happy camper. :) So there. I did it. I am the happiest happy camper of all of them. I won't use this as a bragging right at all......except maybe at camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment